Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Yonatan Made a Phone Call


Normally you would read this and wonder what I was talking about! Of course Yonatan can make a phone call he is almost 12 years old. So let me explain...........yesterday Yonatan came home from school to declare that he wanted to go swimming! Okay I said , you are going to have to find out when there are boys hours and when there are hasaot. Here is the phone number. Now usually, he hands me back the number and says could you please phone for me Ema, I can't in hebrew?! Yesterday he simply went to the phone, picked it up and I heard him asking to be connected to the pool IN HEBREW! Then I heard him asking about hours for boys and when he wasn't clear on it he asked again.....IN HEBREW! Then he asked about hasaot and what time they would be, a few questions and answers went back and forth..........IN HEBREW! Then he said todah rabba and hung up. He looked up at me who was sitting with my mouth dropped open and you guessed it ...tears in my eyes....and said "what's up with you Ema?". What's up with me?...I'm so absolutely amazed by you and proud of you I kvelled..........."it's only a phonecall, no big deal" Well it was a big deal and you my friend are "blogworthy"

YASHER KOACH YONATAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

add my yasher koach yonnie. as you know i swim laps for exercise at the 'Y' SO I HOPE YOU WILL MAKE ARRANGEMENTS FOR ME TO SWIM laps when we visit in april.
sabba

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heres Safta: So very proud ofyou Yonatan. Your Aba and Ema must be overwhelmed. Oh and about the swimming. You know how much I love the swimming, especially since I gained loo pounds in Florida. I have been working so hard on the diet and so far I have lost some. So keep up the good work Yoni. You are a star, and a precious gem. I love you. Grandma.and find a spot in the pool for me.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonatan - I truly was touched to hear how wonderful your hebrew was on the phone! You know your aunt in Toronto is ALWAYS proud of you and how wonderful I think you are. When we come to visit believe me I will need lots of your help in hebrew so I will for sure be counting on you Yonatan!! Great work - Lots of Love, Aunty Marla

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darrell and Ruth, I finally got to read your blog (it wouldn't work for me at McCully before). It looks like you are having a great time and had some nice family visits. I loved the pictures. Darrell, you are a card as usual, and Ruth, you look fantastic. I miss you guys. Coming to Canada soon? Bye for now.
Jo-Anne Cambridge

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home